One of these days, I'll finally figure out what I'm meant to be. Have you ever had too many options...so many that you feel paralyzed? It is a good problem to have...it is just a little overwhelmeing at times. This where I have been at for the last several of months. Here are my options and here is where I am at with all of them (they are all so completely different....if I could only have them all).
1) Photography business. Love it, and always looking for new clients. I am working with a local tulip farm to take family pictues during the annual tulip festival this year. A great way to get some new clients! I'll always be doing photography...but it isn't keeping my busy full time.
2) FBI. Most of you know that I did apply for the FBI, I got selected to go through phase I testing, passed, and was asked to continue to L.A. for phase II. A really interesting option...with some minor problems. First, the FBI can stick you wherever they need ya...and they can move ya whenever they want to. Second, before going to phase II, I have to pull together 15 regular push-ups and a LOT of situps...I can manage....but it will take some dedication, and unless we're ready to get up and move and keep doing so, I'm not sure I want to go that route...
3) Nursing. Thank you for those of you that wrote me wonderful recommendations. I sent in my application for the Seattle Pacific University nursing school. It is not an accelerated program, as the only one near us requires enrollement into a masters program as well. School would start in August and I would be required to finish up four more pre-req classes by the end of this spring semester...meaning I would need to make a decision on this one this week! The problem, this program will take 2 years to complete...this means 1.5-2 hours (one way ) commute to school for two years...am I out of my mind?.
4) Hold out for an engineering job. There are a few here and there, but many are in construction, and I am not interested in construction (I refuse to work on HVAC for the rest of my life). ConocoPhillips did interview me, and they have selected me for the second round of interviews...but....they were put on a hiring freeze in December, so HR said they would contact me when it was lifted (sigh).
5) Last but not least...teaching. As I love kids, I love to teach, and everyone keeps telling me I'd be a great teacher so...I have started heavily considering this. Thanks again for those of you that wrote me some great recommendations. There is a program at the Seattle Pacific University for post-bacs with science/math degrees (i.e. engineering). It is a one year program in which you student teach for a year and you come out with a MAT (masters in teaching) and teaching certificate. This option is tempting because it is only one year, and I get to get in the classroom staring in August.
Every time I feel like I have made up my mind on which direction I'm going to go, I change my mind and feel like I'm going down the wrong path. My biggest fear is that I will make my decision and wish I'd gone another way. I hate regrets and I try to avoid them at all costs, but this is easier said than done. As class registrations are quickly approaching, I need to make up my mind quickly. I am praying for some clarity on the matter, so I can finally put this to rest...I'm tired of worrying about it and my poor husband...I think he's tired of hearing about. it ;).
On another note...updates on Goose. He is turning out to be a wonderful dog....even though he snores really really loudly. He is fitting right into our family, piggy and maverick are really warming up to him, as they realize he is too slow to catch them. He is getting bigger every day!
With that said...I'm off to do some errands. Maybe...I'll find some inspiration while I'm out! :)
8 years ago

2 comments:
I am praying for you. I understand about rethinking careers. Ever since we had Jonah I have thought alot about nursing. (The FBI would be super cool! :) )
I have to side with the teaching option. My dad, who lives in Washington, keeps telling me to move their and teach since they apparently pay well. I love teaching. It allows me so much freedom and a nice job to have if planning on having a family. Let me know if you have any questions!
Post a Comment