So...my official search for our sheepie began back in October. It was really important to us to find a very good breeder, as I am scared to death of puppy mills and everything involved with them (supporting a terrible industry, health issues, poorly breed, etc.). After a lot of research I settled on a breeder in Seattle ( http://www.snowdowne.com/). The prefix for all their sheepies is Snowdowne. You can read where this originated etc. on their website. Because I had never actually been around an OES (just read a lot about them) the breeder invited Craig and I over to meet all their four legged kids before deciding on the OES breed. They were the sweetest things. They were big and hairy and sweet as can be. The show dogs were particularly funny because they had just finished a show the weekend before so their hair was long and they sported pigtails. It was hilarious. Craig's words, "If we get a boy OES, he is NOT wearing pigtails!". Uh huh...right ;). wink wink. After meeting all the OESs, we went home, built 30 spreadsheets, talked it to death, talked it some more, contemplated, and finally made our decision...yes indeed, we wanted a Snowdowne OES. All we had to do was be patient as a litter was going to be ready to come home in just 2 short weeks. We loved Snowdowne OES's because their temperaments are incomparable. Every puppy comes from two show parents, which is kind of neat. Goose's parents' registered names: Sire - Haystack Let's Roll
Dam - Snowdowne Bright and Beautiful
What is interesting is that Goose's dad lived back in the 80's, so he passed many many years ago...so....um...really? How does that work...oh...frozen semen of course :). Apparently his dad was a pretty big show dog (good enough to have his semen frozen nonetheless;)). Goose isn't going to be show as he only has one testie (poor ting). We're having a lot of fun with our new little guy running around the house. Maverick and Piggy are warming up to him slowly but surely. Maverick is trying to be the alpha and piggy comes and checks him out every now and again. He is learning quickly too. He is doing great on his leash and he is even learning to ring a bell to go outside. Enjoy his puppy pictures, as he won't be so "small" for too much longer. When his hair gets long enough for pigtails I'll take some pictures! I'm certain Craig will warm up to them...as long as I don't sport them with bows...maybe blue bows..but no pink bows :).

2 comments:
Hi Katie, I just came across your blog via your sister's, via my buddy's wife's blog, small world. I'm Drew, and if you remember back far enough you might recall me from CAD class freshmen year: remember the big green jack? Check out my blog, whimsybyeafabs.blogspot.com, if you need a memory jog. I live in Portland now and I saw you have a photography business in WA. I'm in the photography business myself. I'm the engineer for Lensbaby. Check out our website, Lensbaby.com, we have some unique lenses that are great for portraiture. Also, you picked a very cute dog, and a great name.
holy smokes that is the cutest puppy ever! i'm praying for you and the decisions ahead, katie!
Post a Comment