Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ouch!

Who would have ever thought a stubbed toe could hurt so much!?!?! Yesterday when Craig got home, I got up off the couch to open the door for him. As I got up my toe nailed the edge of the table. Now, I've stubbed my toes before, plenty of times, but this was more than a stub. It was more like a jam. I made it to the door holding one foot and hopping in circles on the other. Craig walked in and couldn't stop laughing as he thought I was doing a welcome home dance of some sort. The pain didn't subside for several hours at which time I was brave enough to take off my sock. Underneath was a big black and blue toe. It still moves, so I didn't break it, but whoooo wee it was painful.

Later that night, maverick decided to follow in my footsteps. He was outside and I was waiting at the sliding glass door to let him back in. I had the door closed since it was a little chilly outside. Once Maverick was ready to come in, he bolted towards the door at full yorkie speed and I didn't have enough time to open the door. He ran full speed into the glass door. He didn't realize the door was still closed. All Craig could hear from the living room was a big THUNK! I couldn't help but laugh, it was seriously funny, but man that had to hurt! This dog, I tell ya. At least it didn't result in a vet visit.

2 comments:

Polly and Jeremy said...

Poor mermi! When do you start the new job?

Polly and Jeremy said...

The Cratie hasn't posted for a couple of days :(