Monday, April 7, 2008

All in a weekend...


This weekend was very busy. On Friday, I had some good news role in. The Naval Air Station called and offered me a position as a Project Manager. Of course I accepted, so I am at last employed once again...by the federal government. :). I think I'll enjoy the job and learn a lot. I'm not sure I'm ready to start getting up early again...I'm enjoying getting lots of sleep! The location is perfect. Both Craig and I will be working within 20 minutes of where we live which is a huge change for us. My commute is really cool going through a state park. I am sure that in the summer it can get pretty busy however. On Friday night, Craig's boss invited us over for dinner which was a lot of fun. It was good to meet his boss and his family. They are extremely nice people and we really enjoyed spending the evening with them. They also gave us some great advice. They told us to go get a trail map before we go on any hikes in Anacortes since it is really easy to get lost...this would prove to be true later in the weekend.



On Saturday, we put in an offer for a house. We really hope we get the house. It has absolutely everything we want in a house...including storage, and the price is right. Hopefully we find out today or tomorrow if we got it.


Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening we went on a couple of hikes a few minutes from where we live. We remembered the advice to get a trail map first which we were so glad we did. Once you enter the forests here, the trails can get really confusing. With Craig navigating and Maverick and I in tow, we had an excellent time exploring the Anacortes forests. There are no predators on the island so you can hike without the fear of surprising a grizzly bear or mountain lion. It sure is good exercise though. Some of the trails are pretty steep. It would be fun to go horseback riding on the trails.


Notice how Maverick stays close by...he's scared of those eagles!

Craig is leading us through the forest

All and all, a great and busy weekend!

No comments: