Thursday, April 24, 2008

Off to See Mr. Baseball!

Last night I got back from Missoula, MT. Since my first day of work is April 28th, I figured I might as well head to Montana to see my family for a week. Because it was mid April when I left, I figured I wouldn't have any issues with the weather. Of course...this was a bad assumption. The drive to Montana consists of 3 mountain passes. On the way there, there was still a good 10 feet of snow on the side of the road on all 3 passes. Unbelievable! I got lucky that the roads were actually clear although it did snow and there was quite a bit of fog.
In any event, I'm glad I went, I had a wonderful time. There is nothing I'd rather do than spend time with my little brother, Wyatt (aka Mr. Baseball). I got lucky and landed my trip to Missoula on the same week that Wyatt had his very first baseball game. Now this isn't just a little league game to him. See, baseball is his passion, his main subject of any conversation (and I mean ANY conversation), his dream, his hobby, really...his favorite thing in the whole world. This kid can tell you any baseball stat, he can name any player on any team, he can tell you the history of each and every baseball card he owns (which could take a long time since he owns thousands), he can tell you pretty much anything you ever wanted to know about baseball. When watching his games (I actually got to see 3!) I couldn't help but be a proud sister. My brother is a stud on the field! Considering he is one of the smallest guys on the field, he sure can throw, catch, and bat! On his third game, he was up to bat and he nailed the ball and got on base...and later made it home! When playing catch with him, I have to ask him to take it easy on me...since his throws are so dang hard.

About to catch the ball

Getting ready to go up to bat


Batter Up!

Playing 2nd Base


While Wyatt was at school, my mom and I got to spend some time together as well. We hit up the antique mall, and went out to lunch. Overall the trip was a really good time and I know more about baseball than I did a week ago! ;)
Now you may ask what Craig was doing while I was away for a week. Of course he had to work, and if asked what else...he would simply respond with... "Yeah, I played a lot of XBOX." I think just about everytime I called he was playing XBOX :). All his XBOX buddies that he plays with online ...probably noticed pretty quickly that I must be out of town :). This morning Craig left for Salt Lake City for a training session until Friday night. This weekend we'll have more time together before the big week ahead...I start my job on Monday and we close on our house on Thursday! We can't wait to get our stuff out of storage and settle in!

No comments: