Monday, August 8, 2011

Renaissance Festival

I am behind on posting about our summer adventures. First up, the Renaissance Festival. We go every year and it is so much fun. The festival is held in the Black Forest and it is literally a little town that opens up once a year full of food, activities, and just strange folks. We go for two reasons. 1) The food. Can't beat a good turkey leg. 2) People watching. People come dressed in some pretty neat costumes, but furthermore, people get into their roles. We love to sit, eat, and just watch. Here is the festival in a picture summary:

"Uh...the king doesn't have a head!"

"um...no...wait! Where is the queen's head."
I love the pickle barrel man! There is nothing better than a pickle out of a wooden pickle barrel!
So...this was the "big cat" show. I am so glad we sat way in the back, because these people had no idea what they were doing. These cats were on these big leashes and these "cat handlers" literally had no control of them.
I swear this lady really believed she was mother goose. She was begging me to come pet this goose. I passed. I wasn't scared of the goose, but I was scared of her.
I don't know what this thing was, but it was the one crazy costume.
I LOVE this fairy. She doesn't talk, and she hands out these pretty little stones to all of the kids. If there are real fairies in this world...this woman is it.
The very TALL king and queen.
This guy = HILARIOUS. You can pay a few bucks and throw tomatoes at him as he makes fun of you. It is serious entertainment. I have to cringe when a kid walks up, because this guy has mercy for no one. He asked one kid, if his parents knew what birthcontrol was. It was so terrible, yet so funny.
Here is the sword fight.
Here is Craig getting ready to check out his bow and arrow skills. Overall...pretty good, but I'm glad we don't have to rely on it for survivial!

No comments: