I'm slowly getting all the rooms downstairs decorated. Yesterday I completed the guest room. My goal was to spend $0 decorating it by using stuff I already had. I like to decorate on the cheap, so this was a fun goal. It turns out...I was "for the most part" successful with this goal. I only spent $3. The candles each cost $1 and the ribbon on the sides of the candle tray cost $1. For the pictures above the beds, I reused old frames and found some chandelier silhouettes on the Internet and printed them off. They ended up making beautiful pictures. The art on the wall was also homemade. I used some old garden gates we had in the garage. I cleaned them up and nailed them on the wall. I then printed off some silhouettes, cut them in various shapes, hole punched them, and tied them onto the gate with some left over red fabric I had from another project. I also used some left over fabric to make a tie around the magazines. I like the clean white feel with just a pop of color. Red seems to be the "color pop" I use throughout my house. All in all, I like. Craig always asks what the theme is for each room. So this one...I themed it vintage chic, with a side of elegance! Hmmmm...I think that describes it!
No comments:
Post a Comment