Sunday, June 22, 2008

Memories...

As we have been busy with weddings lately (Davis' last weekend and my sister's coming up in a few months) Craig and I have been reminded of our own special day almost two years ago. We were so blessed on our wedding day to have everyone there we loved. It so easy in the mix of all the wedding plans to get lost in what is not important and forget what a wedding is all about. It is the day you stand up in front of everyone you love and promise God and eachother that you will spend the rest of your days side by side. Looking back at our wedding, I have flashes of memories. I remember the morning of our wedding and the butterflies in my stomach. I remember sliding into my dress as my friends and family held it high above my head (hoping that it would zip :)). I remember standing in a circle saying a prayer with my bridesmaids before walking down the aisle. I remember looking at Craig for the first time on our wedding day. I also remember the reception, talking with friends and family, cutting cake, dancing, and running towards the car on our way to start our life together. What I don't remember....is the ceremony. I've tried really hard to remember the details....did I cry? Did Craig cry? Did I stumble on my words? Did we laugh? I don't remember! It has bothered me that I can't remember what is the most important moment in my life. Recently Craig and I talked about this moment trying to gather all the pieces from eachother. As we sat there in silence for a few minutes, both of us thinking of that special day, Craig broke the silence and said, " you know, I think God took the memory of our ceremony to heaven with him so he can keep it there for us...safe and untouched." You know...I think he is right. Now I know where those memories are, and I thank God for keeping them close. Thank you God for my wonderful and Godly husband I am so blessed to have.

No comments: