What a weekend/week/month! I swear, if someone offered me a million dollars to move, at this point I would look at them like they were crazy and say, “No way in H-E- Double toothpicks!” Maybe it is the fact that we moved three times in the last 5 years, or maybe because our movers must have been out of their minds when they packed our stuff, or maybe because if I have to even touch another cardboard box, I’d lose my lunch, or just maybe it is because I’m super anal and must have everything unpacked an put into its respective place in two days. Bottom line, unless some miraculous event occurs which forces us to move (only an act of God) we are going nowhere. Colorado is home. Boom done. We are here to stay!
Back to the movers. Like I’ve mentioned. This is the third time we have had movers move us in the last 5 years. First from Colorado to Texas, then from Texas to Washington, and finally from Washington to Colorado. Talk about a full circle! Anyway, in the past I’ve always been pretty pleased with the job they have done. I’ve only had a few cheap vases break or minor scratches on things. In addition, I have been able to pile all boxes associated with any given room, unpack that room and move on. This time, was a completely different experience! First, multiple pieces of our furniture arrived damaged. Our bedroom nightstand – a HUGE crack in the back. Our dining room hutch was literally dragged on the cement, our living room coffee and end tables…dragged on cement. A HUGE picture – glass broke. A lamp, completely missing. And now, their packing technique. They would open a box to pack, walk around the house and grab the most random stuff and stick it in the box and label it with nothing that had anything to do with the contents of the box. Box after box that we opened exhibited this technique. There was bathroom stuff mixed with living room stuff with random clothes tucked all over. I won’t even go into detail about the shoe polish they packed that destroyed all other contents in the box. Why do you pack towels and clothes with shoe polish? Needless to say, after opening each box we had to lay all the contents out on the floor and then go room to room to put it away. It took almost three times longer than our last move. Geesh, phew, deep breathes, sigh. The good news, we unpacked our last box last night. Yes indeed, everything is unpacked and put away! Thank the Good Lord.
I generally lean towards focusing on the good rather than the bad, but I had to do a quick moving rant! Thank you dear readers for being such good listeners. I feel better!
I will mention that our kids (all with four legs and fur) are much happier in the new house. We can let them out to run and play anytime we want. As soon as we let Goose out he runs, and runs, and runs, and runs…. He sorta reminds me of that dog on the movie “Funny Farm” with Chevy Chase. It makes us laugh every time. Maverick on the other hand, he isn’t quite sure what to do with all the open space. His new gig consists of standing in the middle of the yard, not moving, just staring straight at us. Strange, strange dog.
There are plenty of projects to do around the house that we will share as we go. I can’t even tell you how excited I am to have our computer back with high speed internet so I can blog more frequently…and finally post more pictures….and update this year old blog background. This blog needs a face lift something fierce!
So my lovely readers, thanks for continually checking back on us, even through our dry spell of blogging! I can’t wait to share more, decorate more, photograph more, and finally, just settle in!
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment