Monday, February 1, 2010

Laundry Room Project

This weekend, I completed my mini laundry room project. We have had this huge empty space on the wall in our laundry room that I have been wanting to fill. It usually takes me some time before I find the right picture, or come up with just the right idea. I knew I wanted a bunch of white framed pictures...but pictures of what? As always, decorating on the cheap is the goal, so I began my search for cheap white frames this weekend. It is pretty hard finding the right size frame, in the right color, for the right price. We finally found some frames...that were cheap and the right size, but not the right color. This is when Craig said two simple words that lit up my heart! Spray Paint! I've never spray painted anything before, but Craig insisted it is cheap and easy. So a few hours later, we had white frames, that were the right size, and of course...the right price ($3 each). Next problem to solve...what to frame? That is when it just hit me! I like the clean, white, gardening type of look in a laundry room...and I remember seeing the neatest flower seed packets at the hardware store a couple of weeks ago. That's it!!! I wanted to frame flower seed packets! Craig looked at me like I had finally lost it!

It turned out really neat, and it is exactly the look I was going for (and Craig did finally admit...that framing flower seed packets was indeed... a good idea!)




Complete Room!



I found these flowers at an antique store months ago. They are actually made out of paper!


This Magnetic Note board used to be green...but with a little spray paint...it matches perfectly! I found the cutest little gardening poem on the Internet that I stuck on the board as a finishing touch!~

1 comment:

Larissa said...

it looks great! I need you to come decorate my house!!!
What color are the walls?