My uncle (mom's side) is big into geneology. He has traced our family back to 1194! That is a loooooong time ago. It doesn't get cooler than that. It is really quite incredible and very interesting. He has completed a 350 pdf document with all of the "family tree" information in it... complete with pictures and a lot of stories/history etc.. It even includes our family's coat of arms (pictured to the left).My uncle is constantly adding on and updating it, and today he came out with a pretty sweet connection/update! Here is part of the e-mail he sent out to the fam:
" Last week I was reading a magazine article about the geneology of the royal families of Europe. To my surprise, Princess Di (deceased) claimed to be a "Sanborn." I was reluctant to accept this interloper into our fold without further investigation. It is one thing to have a family where renegade members have gone off and joined the Republican Party but this is a situation where a descendant from an early Sanborn is an heir to the throne of England. The attached geneology shows that indeed Princes Di's claim was valid and she trees into our tribe. About 12 generations ago we shared a common grandfather."
Giddy up! Princess Di and I are related! I always felt there was a little royalty in my blood ;).

No comments:
Post a Comment