I love Sunday nights because I get to sit down, relax, and reflect on the weekend. This weekend was full of all kinds of fun stuff. Saturday, the Water Front Festival. I LOVE the the festivals here, but I REALLY love the Water Front Festival. The festival is right by...you guessed it...the water! Kids are making toy boats, adults are building "quick and dirty" boats to race, remote control boats are sailing, sailors are singing, kids are dancing, people are eating, and there are even free sail boat rides. Highlights from this year's festival are Uncle Stinky's magic show, the Old Salty Dog sailor show, and the quick and dirty boat race. Craig's highlight...all the corvettes on display!
The Old Salty Dogs singing. These guys are a local band and they are hilarious! The best way to describe them: If Disney was to have a band made up of a bunch of sailors...these guys would be it.
Here are some remote control boats sailing in the Marina. The little tugboat there in the middle was cruising!
Craig picking out his "dream car."
This is the "quick and dirty" boat race. Teams start early in the morning building these boats and then they race them in the afternoon. Some of the boats were seriously impressive while others were ...well...I wouldn't get in them! My favorite was the Nauti Girls team. Their boat looked like a huge refrigerator box. It didn't last long...it tipped and the Nautis fell in. Other boats...cruised along rather quickly and others were doing well as long as someone was scooping water out of the boat as it cruised along.
This is Uncle Stinky! Uncle Stinky is a magician. The kids love him. I thought of my brother while watching Uncle Stinky...as my brother loves to watch magic...and he would have loved Uncle Stinky!Today, Craig and I got up early (early for us anyway) and set out on a day long hike. We packed a lunch, got the pups ready and hit the trails. We started on foot right from our house and went to Heart Lake, hoping Goose would take to the water and go for a dip. Along the hike, we found a couple of perfect water holes, and without any coaxing, Goose jumped right in! He loved it. He wouldn't get out....I thought we were going to have to leave him there...or swim in to get him.
This is heart lake...our final destination.
Another picture of heart lake.
Goose in the water hole we found along our hike. He was one muddy dog after this hike!And finally, tonight... The 220! The 220 is a new youth group that started up at our church earlier this month. The name of the group is "The 220" because of 2 reasons:
1) 220 is the voltage used in a defibrillator to bring someone back to life.
2) Galatians 2:20: "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
Basically...The 220 is bringing the next generation back to life!It is structured a lot like Young Life for those of you who are familiar with that. Every Sunday evening, high school kids get together, eat dinner, play games, have fellowship, and take part in a bible study. Craig and I are helping out as Leaders for the group, but I have to say, I'm learning as much from the kids (probably much more), than they are learning from me. These kids are awesome! 
Getting ready to play some 220 kickball! Whoo hooo. Craig and I were on opposing teams...so things got a little competitive..I think we scared the kids!~
No comments:
Post a Comment