We finally got our first boat! Nothing fancy, just a blow 'er up type for the kajillion lakes we have around here. The maiden voyage was last week. We took it out for just a few hours to test it out before the upcoming fishing trip. It is quite roomy for a deflatable boat, so it works out pretty well. For some reason, I couldn't get the paddling down though. I mean seriously...I swear I've paddled a boat before, however watching me you would have thought I've never touched an oar, it was quite embarrassing, but Craig got a good laugh at it. :)
The following trip out on the boat was an all day fishing trip on Memorial Day weekend. Of course there was quite the crowd at the lake so many people got to watch us as we attempted to fit both of us and Goose in the boat. People were staring as Craig lifted Goose into the boat with me inside waiting. Once Goose got in, he...well...sort of panicked, and it didn't' help that another dog came up to the boat right at that moment. We quickly discovered that Goose wasn't going on the fishing trip. I'm just glad we didn't get too far off shore with him, as I'm pretty sure we would have tipped. We got him back to shore and I ran him home for the day and then returned for a full day of fishing. Now the big question is...did we catch any fish? Hmmm...well, I'm pretty sure every other person out of the lake did, as we saw each and every one of them reel in at least one fish...but us...well...maybe its the bait? Maybe...um...just bad luck? No worries though, we rehearsed what we were going to tell the people back on shore once we returned.. "oh yeah, we caught a few small ones...nothing worth keeping though." :) Fishing trips like this remind me of a quote I read that I seriously laughed at at for days, "There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot." At least we weren't fishing from the shore...so I think that makes us exempt from this quote...maybe. 
Craig getting ready for the fishing trip. With all this gear...you would think we could catch a fish. One day...oh one day.

No comments:
Post a Comment