Saturday, October 25, 2008

Whale Watching Adventures

Last weekend, a consultant at Craig's refinery offered to take us on a whale watching trip. Of course...with company approval...we said YES! The trip set sail right downtown Anacortes. We were hoping to see at least one killer whale. To our delight we saw so many we lost count. The whales were everywhere. At one point I looked around and saw so many fins it looked like the waters were infested with whales! Let's just say if I was in a kayak...I would have headed to shore. We also saw some sea lions...those guys are HUGE. The captain said that they can get up to 2000 pounds! That is one big sea lion! Anyway...check out the pics of the whales!

Whale flipping on its side.

Harbor Seals on the shore catching some rays.

This one would have been cool to see from the shore.
This was a baby whale flipping out of the water.


This picture has a whale, Mt. Baker, and a ferry...all in one pic!


A whale with Mt. Baker in the background.



A Sea Lion warming up.
This is a big ol' Sea Lion...almost tipping the buoy.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness! I am so jealous... AMAZING!!! I love your new layout too!

Anitra said...

You guys live in the most BEAUTIFUL and amazing place! Wow.