
Well, this is the first official week that we can call ourselves Washingtonites. We have sold our house in Houston (very quickly to say the least) and we have a whole truck load of stuff on its way to Washington! Craig and I love new adventures and this one sure is proving to be the biggest of all. After Craig accepted a job in Anacortes, WA last month we have managed to drive from Texas to WA, sell our house, fly back to Texas and move our stuff, fly to WA, move into temp housing, and house shop for our next home...all in the span of 3 weeks. WHOOOO WEEEE it has been quite the ride. In the meantime I'm in the midst of "the job hunt". It is hard doing a job search....I have to admit I kind of like having some spare time during the day. Although I can see it getting boring eventually (maybe...) I am enjoying some time off. Since I have some free time, I figured I might as well get a blog started to keep all of our friends and family up to date on our adventure status.
Anacortes, WA (our new home) could quite honestly be the most beautiful place I've been. To get the opportunity to make this our home, is nothing short of a blessing. Just driving around on the island, it is hard to stay on the road sometimes because the views are so breathtaking. The Pacific waters are absolutely stunning. The water is a deep sea blue that is surrounded by mountains and small islands. The small town life is exactly what we were looking for. Because we both grew up in small towns, we knew that we wanted to raise a family in a small town. Anacortes is perfect! Everyone on the island is so friendly and and it definitely has the small town feel. Craig and I love to take walks down to the beach where we like to watch the boats dock. The other day we were out and spotted a seal swimming around the boats. How neat! Just sitting there listenting to nature is a pleasure we haven't had for awhile. It is great seeing kids walking home from school or playing outside. That is how we both grew up and we really wanted that for our future family.
On Easter Sunday we went to the Anacortes United Methodist Church for the first time. It was a very good experience. Because the congregation is so small, the Pastor actually asked for joys and concerns during the service. It was really neat. They were very welcoming and we are excited to get involved. After church we went house hunting which we love to do. Although the housing is more expensive than it was in Houston, we have found several houses that are our very nice in our price range. We are anxious to get into our new home soon.
We both know that this is where we are supposed to be right now, and God has certainly led us down this path. It is such a blessing and we look forward to all of our upcoming adventures here!
Anacortes, WA (our new home) could quite honestly be the most beautiful place I've been. To get the opportunity to make this our home, is nothing short of a blessing. Just driving around on the island, it is hard to stay on the road sometimes because the views are so breathtaking. The Pacific waters are absolutely stunning. The water is a deep sea blue that is surrounded by mountains and small islands. The small town life is exactly what we were looking for. Because we both grew up in small towns, we knew that we wanted to raise a family in a small town. Anacortes is perfect! Everyone on the island is so friendly and and it definitely has the small town feel. Craig and I love to take walks down to the beach where we like to watch the boats dock. The other day we were out and spotted a seal swimming around the boats. How neat! Just sitting there listenting to nature is a pleasure we haven't had for awhile. It is great seeing kids walking home from school or playing outside. That is how we both grew up and we really wanted that for our future family.
On Easter Sunday we went to the Anacortes United Methodist Church for the first time. It was a very good experience. Because the congregation is so small, the Pastor actually asked for joys and concerns during the service. It was really neat. They were very welcoming and we are excited to get involved. After church we went house hunting which we love to do. Although the housing is more expensive than it was in Houston, we have found several houses that are our very nice in our price range. We are anxious to get into our new home soon.
We both know that this is where we are supposed to be right now, and God has certainly led us down this path. It is such a blessing and we look forward to all of our upcoming adventures here!

4 comments:
THAT IS SO AWESOME. My mom and dad love to go to Anacortes often. Not too far from their small town of Sequim, WA. I am so excited for you guess. Keep the blog post coming :) And check out ours too: thesupersimonds.blogspot.com
HI Kids,
I don't know if my other comment posted so i will try again. I have some really good pictures from christmas and i will email them to craig's hotmail address as i am not sure how to do it on a blog. Love you lots.
grandma
The Craties...
Love it.
You are making me jealous. We are looking at moving to H-town now that you all finally left.
Add us as a link to your blog (or we won't be your friends anymore)
sammyandtam.blogspot.com
I love the site! We'll definately be keeping tabs on you two. I hope all is well.
Post a Comment