On June 17, 2012 Dawson was baptized. This was a very special day for Dawson, Craig, and I. Baptizing Dawson was a time where we stood up in front of our church and made a promise to God that we would raise our son to know God, to love God, and to worship God.
Our dearest friends Davis and Jesse are our Dawson's Godparents. They have been there for us through thick and thin. To us, Godparents are that "extra" set of adults that our little guy can always count on. We are so lucky to have such great friends in our lives. They flew to Colorado to watch Dawson's baptism. It meant the world to us. An extra bonus... their daughter little "A" (our God daughter) came too...just so I could love all over her! Dawson's thoughts on little "A."....lets just say...love at first sight is real....he was smitten!
 |
| Little "A" combing Dawson's hair. Yes...our little man is in heaven. Through their entire visit...he could not take his eyes off of her. He thought she was so funny. He would look at her and just giggle and then belly laugh. Poor little "A" thought he was crying he was laughing so hard...so she would get this concerned look on her face and pat his head. I loved watching these two interact! |
 |
| Davis, Jesse, Dawson, and little A. |
 |
| Dawson loves his Godparents. |
 |
| The day before the baptism, we got out of the heat and headed to the aquarium. |
 |
| Like I said...he could couldn't take his eyes of little "A" the entire weekend. |
 |
| Auntie Polly and Dawson getting ready to go to church. He loves his Auntie! |
 |
| At church waiting with his Godparents. |
 |
| Mommy, Daddy and Dawson. |
 |
| The gang. |
 |
| Meeting Pastor Gary. |
 |
| Hi Pastor Gary! |
 |
| This is the look he gave her all weekend. Notice the look she is giving him...hilarious. He's smitten...she's not so sure :). |
 |
| I'm ready to get baptized mommy! |
 |
| Making our promise. Dawson...sound asleep. (I was very nervous that he would wake up crying!) |
 |
| Still snoozing...and almost time for the water. |
 |
| Handing Dawson over....just waking up! |
 |
| Well hello! Where did all these people come from and why are they staring at me... and who is holding me? (he smiled at everyone right after this look) |
 |
| The big moment...not one tear. I was such a proud mommy. More water coming out of my eyes than went on his head. |
 |
| Being blessed. |
 |
| I'm so proud to be his mommy. |
 |
| Meeting everyone. |
 |
| After church...we went to the park and had lunch. Little "A" on a stroll. |
 |
| Dawson getting ready for a stroll. |
P.S. Thank you auntie Polly for taking such beautiful pictures of Dawson's baptism. We will treasure these pictures forever. XOXO
1 comment:
What a wonderful thing! Great pics!!
Post a Comment