Through life’s up and down roller coaster of a journey, Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate all the “ups” in life, all that we have to be Thankful for. I have been thinking a lot about what I am Thankful for and my list is quite extensive. I say all the time that my life is full of blessings, both big and small and for that I’m Thankful. This year I am especially Thankful for:
1) My husband. Every day I look at him and am so Thankful for all that he is. I have no idea what I would do without him.
2) Our marriage. I treasure this more than I can explain. What a blessing to have a happy, healthy marriage and partnership.
3) Our families. What a gift it has been having Craig’s family so close and my sister around the corner. We have lived so far away from everyone for so long, that we certainly do not take this for granted.
4) My brother. I love this little man. Whatever I do, I’m always thinking about him. I’m so proud of him and there is nothing better than hearing his little voice talk about all the important things in his world. Boy do I miss this kiddo and wish I could see him every day.
5) My health. The older I get the more I appreciate this one and realize how fragile life is.
6) Church. We have finally found a church home. We both feel God has called us to this church and know He has many plans for us there. I cannot wait!
7) Our anticipated little gift straight from Heaven. Our God Daughter Ava. We cannot wait to meet this little lady!
8) Our work. Both Craig and I have been so lucky to have found the jobs we have in a place we love. Trust me...we NEVER take this one for granted.
9) Service opportunities. I have always been called to helping children in need. Lately, one opportunity after another has been coming up. Whenever a new opportunity pops up, I’m reassured I’m on the right path and in the right place.
10) Holidays with Friends and Family. We are going to be able to spend the holiday season with our loved ones. There are so many people that do not have this luxury. What a blessing we have.
This is just a sample of my list. I love Thanksgiving because it is a time that we tend to reflect on all these blessings...both big and small. What are you most Thankful for?
Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving holiday!
8 years ago

1 comment:
Hi Katie! I love your blog! Your thankful list is so great!! I am so happy to hear and see how happy you are! I am looking forward to reading more! Have a happy Christmas!!
Brandi
Post a Comment