Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Good Walk Spoiled

Craig and I have been out golfing quite a bit these days (3 times this last weekend!) I still have a lot to learn (obviously), but one thing I sure have learned so far is there are good days and very very bad days in golf. One day this weekend, I played pretty well...my driver was my best friend. The next day...my driver quickly became my worse enemy and honestly, it almost didn't make it home. Grrrrr...! Of course Craig finds my "performance" on the course wildly entertaining. To help me recover from my very very bad day out on the course, Craig sent me the following quotes I thought I'd share. All you golfers out there...enjoy!
----------------
The reason the pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can't see him
laughing
- Phyllis Diller, entertainer

Have you ever noticed what golf spells backwards?
- Al Balska, American writer

Golf is a fascinating game. It has taken me nearly forty years to discover
that I can't play it.
- unknown

You've just got one problem. You stand too close to the ball. after you've
hit it.
- Sam Snead

I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles
- unknown

Soccer is a simple-minded game for simple people; golf is merely an
expensive way of leaving home.
- Michael Parkinson Bars in the Pavilion (1977)

God listens to me everywhere - except on the golf course.
- Billy Graham

Playing with your spouse on the golf course runs almost as great a marital
risk as getting caught playing with someone else's anywhere else.
- Peter Andrews

Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at
either.
- Jimmy Demaret

According to locker-room lore, the name golf arose by default - all the
other four-letter words had already been taken.
- George Pepper

Golf is a good walk spoiled.
- Mark Twain

No comments: