Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Keeping Christmas

I have been hearing the words "Keeping Christmas" a lot this year. Whether it be on the radio, on TV, at church, in stores....wherever...I have heard it a lot.

Upon hearing these words over and over this Christmas season, I have been thinking a lot about what in the world they mean? What does it mean to "Keep Christmas?" Does it mean, keep the spirit of Christmas? Does it mean keeping the Christmas traditions? Does it mean keeping "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays?"

To inquire further...I brought it to our high school youth group this last Sunday. I gave them each a piece of paper and had them fill in the blank: Keeping Christmas means ___________.

Smart kids. Keeping Christmas means...Keeping Christmas about Jesus! Amen!

To follow up with the lesson, I had them each write down three things they were going to do this Christmas season in order to "Keep Christmas."

I challenge each of us to do the same. Think of at least 3 things you are going to do in order to "Keep Christmas" this year. If you want, please...share!

No comments: