Okay... new requirement for all want-a-be engineers (if there is such a thing). If you or someone you know out there is even kind of considering the exciting career of engineering please take this piece of advice. It is so important to know exactly what you are getting into before you dive into any career...basically do your homework! You must not assume that you have "an idea" and that is good enough. You must find a source to tell you EXACTLY how it is. I myself could try and tell you all the details of an engineering career, but it is much easier if I point you to a source (the TV) that without a doubt will tell you EXACTLY how it is. Do these 2 things, then decide...Do I really want to be an engineer?
Homework #1: Watch the sitcom Office (take notes, because any real engineer would)
Homework #2: Watch the movie Office space (then go and buy yourself a stapler...pick your favorite color).
After you have completed these 2 assignments please take a moment or two, build a spreadsheet on the topic and ask yourself, is this the life I want...
8 years ago

1 comment:
Oh this so makes me wanna be an engineer, Chikeze. You guys have some funny stories on here. See you guys in the fall (month?). Love ya, Bren
Post a Comment